Control Page Feature Requests.

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:39 am
Gangotti offline

Control Page Feature Requests.

So I spent some time trying to clean up my control pages and I have some ideas to make the control page experience possibly a little better so here are my suggestions:
1. Show the Pixel size of the Objets (32x32 far example indicating the width x height)
2. Show Objets distance from Top of Control page to Top of Object and Left of control page to Left of object this would help in getting things to line up and be evenly spaced.
3. to take number 2 a step further, being able to input these numbers to direct the Object where to go would be huge!
4. Ability to select multiple Objects and make the same edit across all selected items, for example, changing font size, type or color.

thanks!

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 am
peszko offline

Re: Control Page Feature Requests.

For me especially the multiple item edit would be huge. Especially for pages like device status page where I have all the devices with their last communication and battery status. When something changes I have over a hundred identical changes to make.

On the side note, is there a way through python to dynamically put items on the page? My several status pages could be dynamically created and I wouldn't need to update them when I add/delete devices.

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:40 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. We have a lot of Control Page editor changes on the request list – it is definitely in need of some attention.

peszko wrote:
On the side note, is there a way through python to dynamically put items on the page? My several status pages could be dynamically created and I wouldn't need to update them when I add/delete devices.

Not currently.

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 am
durosity offline

matt (support) wrote:
Not currently.

OMG INDIGO 8 CONFIRMED TO HAVE ALL WISHLIST FEATURES WILL BE RELEASED BY DECEMBER 24TH!!!!1!

(Please!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:52 am
jenkins007 offline

I have 2 devices the are moved with on/off status. One is my chicken coup door and another is a pendant light the is moved out of the way when i watch TV in the kitchen. It would be great if the control page could either show animation or adjust placement of the objects based on on/off status (or maybe for further flexibility a conditional).

Thanks,
Matthew

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:19 am
jblackburn offline

To solve all those requests, Indigo control page should be pure HTML. So many HTML editors on the market, everyone will find answers to their questions.

Thanks!

Joël

Page 1 of 1