Low Voltage landscape lighting recs?

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:04 pm
siclark offline

Re: Low Voltage landscape lighting recs?

siclark wrote:
My outdoor electrician has left mine only an hour ago, finishing wiring in my landscaping lights and controls to water features. Most are low voltage spikes and led strips.

I have a single mains supply out to an external junction box from where I have din rail mounted fibaro relays and dimmers that control the various transformers. This gives a neat professional finish to it, and means you have local control for testing and setup, rather than having to pull your phone out to control a circuit for testing as you wont have physical switches out there.

https://www.eutonomy.com/products/eufix/

I lliked this setup as you then arent tied to any particular brand of fitting or bulb.

Was outside working on the Christmas lights so got some shots of the permanent light setup too.

Posted on
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 pm
akimball offline

Love what you’ve done here. I use DIN -rail in my basement when possible to keep it all tidy. Sadly it looks like all these devices are 230VAC only....but wow. Very tidy.

What are your temperature range needs at your location?

Currently, outside here it’s about -7C (20F) and summer temps go over 100F.

-Al

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:23 am
siclark offline

akimball wrote:
Love what you’ve done here. I use DIN -rail in my basement when possible to keep it all tidy. Sadly it looks like all these devices are 230VAC only....but wow. Very tidy.

What are your temperature range needs at your location?

Currently, outside here it’s about -7C (20F) and summer temps go over 100F.

Thanks. No, all devices are 12v but I'm using dimmable transformers so dimming and switching on the mains side with fibaro modules rather than the 12v side of the transformers.
Plus the transformers for the spike lights are constant amp so can't work with low voltage modules.

I'm in the South of UK so 95% of the time it's 0-28C. But does go -5 and sometimes up to 35C. Today though will be 10C. Unseasonally warm.