Second Instance of Touch on iOS

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:20 am
Dual offline

Second Instance of Touch on iOS

I have two homes with Indigo installed. It would be nice to have two instances of Touch on my iPhone one for each home to eliminate the need to go into settings and change servers. Can you simply have another app on the App Store called Touch2 for example? Or any other way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:33 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Second Instance of Touch on iOS

No, that's not really feasible (and likely against some Apple policy). Is switching really that much of a burden?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 pm
Dual offline

At the very least it’s a burden that I don’t even know which house I am connected to when I switch to the app. Nothing indicated in the title at the top of the page or elsewhere. My systems are very similar. Many variables are identical. Ditto for action groups. There is no indication which home I am connected to. In the best case I would be able to have two apps though I understand Apple may not allow that. Next best case is integrated control pages within the app allowing me to see the status of both homes on one control page. Next best to that is an indicator in the title which home I am currently connected to and a few small buttons at the top beside the settings button that allow “fast user switching” (to steal an old Apple phrase) between up to 3 installations. Big burden? Nope. PITA given I have had a Mac for 33 years and expect interfaces to get more and more user friendly (i.e. fewer button presses)? Yup.

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:19 pm
RogueProeliator offline

What about having Indigo Touch connect to one house and have a web link to the (web) control pages for the other? Not ideal, I realize, but might work...

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:37 am
DaveL17 offline

Dual wrote:
I have two homes with Indigo installed. It would be nice to have two instances of Touch on my iPhone one for each home to eliminate the need to go into settings and change servers.

I must say that your screen name is superb for this thread. :wink:

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 am
durosity offline

I’m just wondering if HomeBridge would be viable for you? Setup on both servers and add to HomeKit and then just switch between homes there instead of using indigo touch?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am
agame offline

I have the same issue, it’s unnecessarily klunky dealing with two sites.

It’s been discussed before, but the Mac UI is even more annoying switching sites (manual entry of IP etc).

Page 1 of 1