nVidia Jetson Nano

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:48 pm
akimball offline

nVidia Jetson Nano

Look what I bought today!

https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/buy/jetson-nano-devkit

I’ve been working with it’s big brother, the nVidia Jetson TX2i now for over a year at work, having designed a complete computer around the TX2 for mil-std applications. But nVidia decided to release this smaller version with about the same connectivity for about $100. ($117 including shipping and tax!). A complete sdk with ubunto linux. 4 usb ports, pcie, hdmi, displayport, and 32 gpio...not to mention I2C, SPI, and lots of serial connectivity. 4 core arm and 128-cores of gpu.

It would be sweet to see indigo running on this...the mac is linux at heart. :). Anyway, for now I’m setting up a new plex server and home theater control system on it. It also comes with interfaces for cameras and facial recognition libraries ready for download. Lots of robot projects already underway in the user community. I’m overwhelmed at the power for this price.

So.... Jetson Indigo any time soon? ;). No? ;). What a hub that would be.

Lots of creative juice on this forum. I thought the r-Pi people might take note.

-Al

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: nVidia Jetson Nano

That is really neat looking. I have amateur interest, but not much experience yet, in robotics and neural nets. Let us know what you think of it.

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 3:31 pm
berkinet offline

Re: nVidia Jetson Nano

akimball wrote:
Look what I bought today! ....
...the mac is linux at heart. ....

Thanks for the lead. And one small sniggle. The Mac (MacOS, OS-X) is actually UNIX at heart. Mostly Freebsd, which is based on Berkeley UNIX (bsd) which was based on the original AT&T UNIX. Linux is a clean room work-alike of UNIX. But, there is (supposedly) not a line of code in common between them and code written for one will not generally port easily to the other.

Page 1 of 1