Drop-Down Menus in Control Pages

Posted on
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:23 pm
Nidocamen offline

Drop-Down Menus in Control Pages

I don't think this has been added as of yet in the latest 7.x release (sorry I'm not on it, budget issues).

For certain advanced "editing" functions that I'd like to establish as Control Pages, things tend to get really tedious and take up a lot of screen real estate by necessitating that each possible option must be a separate clickable item. A pull-down / drop-down list of options would free up space and allow for more design flexibility. As a former developer, I do totally understand the complexity that this adds to the interface for creating control pages, but I think it's really time for this.

You guys could be currently developing an entirely new control page editing system, set for release in Indigo 8......I don't know. But in terms of standards and flexibility, this part of Indigo is starting to feel dated...especially compared to some of the more modern web and design standards. Also, it could be time to allow for dynamic-resizing of the control pages based on screen size, like how modern websites work. Anyways, just some thoughts :)

I still love and recommend Indigo, but certain parts of it are quite frustrating :(

Thanks for listening!

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Drop-Down Menus in Control Pages

Yes, we understand that Control Pages are getting somewhat long in the tooth, and we have a bunch of features we want to add at some point in the future.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1