Having Indigo Stick To Desktop

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:27 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Having Indigo Stick To Desktop

There might be a better way to phrase that but it's the best I could come up with at the moment :). Here is the slight annoyance that I would love to fix:

I tend to like to keep my Indigo client running on my main computer most of the time because I like to tweak things and keep an eye on the log or, when I am doing development, just have it constantly open until I'm done with whatever it is I am developing. Since 7.2 I have noticed that when my computer goes to sleep (each night) and then wakes up then Indigo moves to whatever active desktop I have. I use spaces heavily so I'll have Indigo on, say, desktop 4 and say my email/terminal/other stuff is on desktop 1 and a side-by-side Safari/Chrome on desktop 2. Well if I happen to walk away from my computer at night and leave my computer on desktop 1 or 2 when it goes to sleep then Indigo is on that desktop in stead of 4 when it wakes up the next morning.

It used to stick to the desktop it was on, but at least since 7.2 (perhaps 7.1, I don't recall exactly but it's been a while). The reason why this isn't a big deal but is frustrating is because Indigo uses different windows for each area (main, variable, log) so it's not as easy as just dragging it to the correct desktop, I have to drag all three windows and it's easier to just quit out of Indigo and restart it on the preferred desktop.

Now, yes, I could "assign" Indigo to a desktop so it always starts on the same desktop (although I haven't tried this with the sleep/wake method) but that's not how it worked before. I've always used Indigo in this way so I know it changed but can't pinpoint when, besides, I don't really want it on desktop 4 all the time, I want it on whatever desktop is not currently in use and is the next "swipe right" after my other stuff.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Having Indigo Stick To Desktop

I'll add it to the list to look at someday. We didn't change anything in terms of how the UI is drawn though - I wonder if it changed when you upgraded macOS versions?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 pm
Coolcaper offline

Re: Having Indigo Stick To Desktop

Yes. This changed with Mojave as far as I can tell. Don’t see any other way than to assign a screen space to the particular application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1