Turn off actions in an action group

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 am
berkinet offline

Turn off actions in an action group

I think this may have been suggested before, probably by me. But, in case it is new...

How about a means to turn-off (I.e. ignore) actions in an action group or trigger action list. Possibly by checkbox next to the action description in the Show All list. There are times when, for whatever reason, I want to not execute one step. Maybe some piece of equipment is not working, or I am getting error messages from that step, etc.

Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Turn off actions in an action group

Yep, on the list.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 am
roussell offline

+1

I ran into this need last night when I wanted to exclude a few outside lights from their normal routine because of Halloween. I ended up disabling Indigo communication for the light devices, which wasn’t ideal but it was the quickest way I could think of last-minute.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:14 am
berkinet offline

roussell wrote:
+1

I ran into this need last night when I wanted to exclude a few outside lights from their normal routine because of Halloween. I ended up disabling Indigo communication for the light devices, which wasn’t ideal but it was the quickest way I could think of last-minute....
The worst case is when it is an embedded script you want to turn off. Yea, I know, just ad exit(). But, that is not obvious, especially, 6 months later, when you can't figure out how it ever worked.

Page 1 of 1