Copy and Paste

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am
jltnol offline

Copy and Paste

So I'm not sure if this happens to others, but sometimes, I create a schedule, and then a long list of actions, only to discover later that the same sequence would be good for a Trigger, or make a great Action Group. So my request would be to create the ability to copy and paste a list of actions, and paste them into a different Schedule, Trigger, or Action Group.

For me, and I suspect for others, Indigo often spirals out of control.. (and I don't mean this in a bad way....) lots of Triggers, lots of Action Groups, but when I try to "clean up" Indigo..make my setup more streamlined, not having the ability to copy and past a list of actions makes this hard.

Granted, one could always create Action Groups, and used them in both Schedules and Triggers, but often I have to customize Action Groups, and they get used for only one Schedule or Trigger, or worse, I end up with orphaned Action Groups I'm not using any more. And while its great one can see Action Group Dependencies, you can't do the same for groups used in Python.

Anyway... just a thought.

Love 7.2! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to re-upping my subscription soon.

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 am
mundmc offline

Re: Copy and Paste

Good thought- and the reason I have learned to keep complex series of actions in their own Action Groups (which is called by the trigger or schedule).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

On the request list. My habit is anything that's more than 3-4 actions automatically goes into an Action Group. I may never need it in another place, but better safe than sorry.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:38 am
jltnol offline

Agreed with both.

This is "housekeeping" for sure, and I go back and forth between listing actions individually in triggers and schedules and creating action groups.. Either way, Copy & Paste would help.. :)
Last edited by jltnol on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jay (support) wrote:
On the request list. My habit is anything that's more than 3-4 actions automatically goes into an Action Group. I may never need it in another place, but better safe than sorry.

Heh. If it's more than one action I put it in a group. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1