Actions List

Posted on
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:07 am
jltnol offline

Actions List

I'm guessing someone may have already suggested this, but in the Actions Window, where all the tasks are listed... it would be really good to be able to sort them by the time they happen... so as the list gets more complicated, and more actions are added, the ability to sort by time to see what happens 1st, 2nd, etc would be good. And if not sorting, at least the ability to list when they happen so you could more easily see what happens in what order. Sequence is important!

Frankly, such a window could have a lot more information, and be more useful.

Jeffrey

Posted on
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Actions List

You mean when looking at the list of actions in an Action Group (or on the Actions tab in Triggers/Schedules) and by "the time they happen" you mean show the delay associated with each one?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:40 am
howartp offline

jay (support) wrote:
You mean when looking at the list of actions in an Action Group (or on the Actions tab in Triggers/Schedules) and by "the time they happen" you mean show the delay associated with each one?

That would be really really useful! :-)

But, also there's a lot of uncertainty about how the actions run "in the wrong order" due to different stacks running quicker/slower than others (eg avoiding collisions).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
But, also there's a lot of uncertainty about how the actions run "in the wrong order" due to different stacks running quicker/slower than others (eg avoiding collisions).

Not following...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:07 am
jltnol offline

So I'm going to probably not use all the right terms, but in schedules, actions, and triggers, at some point you get to Actions. Sometimes, there is only one action, but in other cases, more than one, and in some cases, lots of actions. I'm not sure what this particular window is called... but its window with the list of actions... you can "Add New", "Edit", "Duplicate, "Delete", and move an actions "Up" or "Down" in the list.

When you get to that window with lots of actions listed, some are 'delayed"... they are programmed by me to delay by a certain amount of time before the execute. But, with any list from 1 to ∞. there is no way to tell the order in which these actions will execute based on the delays I've programmed in. While I can easily re-arrange the list in the order actions will execute, its hard to do so because from the list view, I can't see how much each is delayed.

So in these windows with a long list of actions, the ability to Sort by Delay would be great, and even better the ability to Sort and SEE the amount each action is delayed by.

Make sense?

Posted on
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jltnol wrote:
So in these windows with a long list of actions, the ability to Sort by Delay would be great, and even better the ability to Sort and SEE the amount each action is delayed by.

Make sense?

Yes. We've got you covered... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:01 pm
jltnol offline

As always... THANKS!! :P

Page 1 of 1