Control Page Edit - Save and Continue

Posted on
Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Control Page Edit - Save and Continue

Often I make frequent updates to Control Page layouts to see how they render on Indigo Touch. The Save and Close button means I have to reopen the Page in edit mode 10-20 times. A Save or Save and Continue button would save all that hassle.

Posted on
Wed May 02, 2018 12:13 am
durosity offline

Re: Control Page Edit - Save and Continue

You can use the preview option to generate a page that’ll live update, but I agree it’d be nice to just have a save button for if you’re using the live page already.

Also an undo function would be VERY useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed May 02, 2018 6:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Agreed on both of these. We've had a few similar requests over the years. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted on
Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am
durosity offline

How’s that wishlist coming along? How many exobytes does it take up at present?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed May 02, 2018 2:22 pm
akimball offline

+1

-Al

Posted on
Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 pm
dduff617 offline

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 7:40 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
You can use the preview option to generate a page that’ll live update

That's how I've always done it and I've created some seriously complicated Control Pages. I actually like this method because with dual screens I have the preview on one screen and the edit on another and it's pretty much real-time, as you change one the other updates almost instantly so you can really dial in what you are doing. The only problem is that if you close the CP you have to close the preview too because it needs to be opened when you edit since it dies when you close.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 8:46 am
durosity offline

Yeah that method does work best with dual screens. Unfortunately these days I just have the one (although at once point a few years ago I did have 5! ) but it would be nice to have.

That said (and I know they won’t comment on it) I suspect M&J won’t put much more effort into control pages.. your work on HKB and other things like Alexa have drastically reduced our dependence on control pages. It used to be we would get a new one posted on the show your controlpage thread almost weekly.. now it seems like we get one ever few months. I’m still using them for various things, though I will need to do some reworking of them when your new tado plugin is ready.. thirteen devices with multiple fields of info that’ll all need updating on control pages for iPhones, iPads, grouped by room, grouped by type..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
M&J won’t put much more effort into control pages.. your work on HKB and other things like Alexa have drastically reduced our dependence on control pages

I bet that a large number of folks still use CP's, they are quite useful and powerful. For me, I made the decision to go all voice and I find that Home and Eve give me 99% of what I need and when I need something out of the ordinary I open up Indigo Touch. With the ability to invite guests to Home I don't really even run my trusty old Room-O-Matic for my guest suites anymore because I can invite them to Home - but I do still keep it updated with a spare iPad in those rooms just in case.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 9:02 am
durosity offline

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s going anywhere.. I just doubt they’re going to massively develop it. I still use control pages for my wall mounted iPads and on a spare monitor I hooked up at work to monitor various things when I’m away from home. I’d love to see some serious upgrades for it (rulers and such just for basics, a strange omission considering Matts background!) but I suspect that there’s a lot of other things that would sell the software better that they’ll spend their time on *cough pi*

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1