Store & License management request

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:35 am
srkinard offline

Store & License management request

Hey guys...I just spent some hours in a rather painful struggle I hope you could make easier for the future.

Indigo has been running on a 2011 mini...I've started to have little quirks with the mini that replacing RAM and all didn't fix. I rebooted earlier to install something and it wouldn't start back up.

So I prepared a SSD and put it in a spare Mac Pro sitting in the corner. I used Migration Assistant and copied the user profile and apps over. Guess what? I could not authorize Indigo. So I logged into my account page and discovered the painful flaw I'm going to beg you to fix. There's no way to manage or deactivate a license in the portal so you could assign it to another machine.

It took me many struggles to finally get the mini to boot again and be able to deactivate from within the Indigo app.

I then tried again on the Mac Pro but the ethernet was acting up. A reboot fixed that and I was then able to activate it. Everything is back up and running.

Then, after an hour or so...the ethernet stopped working again. So I figure there's an issue with the port, I swap the cable over to the other port and Indigo pops up the Server Authorization box again. Does the license tie to the MAC of the machine or something?

Been a frustrating evening, but I don't want to keep playing musical cards/ports if I'm always gonna have to try and connect from the previous ethernet to be able to reactivate it on a different one.

Just was one of the rare times I got frustrated with it all...I managed to not break something in a temper outburst, which for me is good.

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:14 am
howartp offline

Re: Store & License management request

I wish I had a spare Mac Pro lying in the corner!

Whilst I agree with the rationale behind the dev request, a quick email to Support will get you sorted fairly swiftly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
Whilst I agree with the rationale behind the dev request, a quick email to Support will get you sorted fairly swiftly.

Assuming it's not in the middle of the night, this is correct. We don't allow arbitrary license resets from the website for obvious reasons. Activations are in fact tied to the uuid for the Mac (based on the MAC) so that you can't activate on a different Mac without a reset (unclear why it changed - Python's uuid function should always return the same MAC regardless of which interfaces are active unless there is a hardware issue with the 1st interface as identified by the OS.

I understand the pain that this may cause, but it's generally fixed very quickly with an email to us.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:30 am
durosity offline

Perhaps you could put in a UUID reset that would allow a user to do it say once a year? Thinking about it your middle of the night is my 7am getting SWIMBO whining in my ear because the heating hasn’t come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1