iOS devices - Set Screen Brightness

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:38 pm
srkinard offline

iOS devices - Set Screen Brightness

Was wondering if you guys might be able to implement an ability to send out a command to adjust screen brightness for Indigo Touch clients on iOS.

Dev docs say that UIKit -> UIScreen -> brightness can be used to set the screen brightness until the device locks

Code: Select all
var brightness: CGFloat { get set }

This property is only supported on the main screen. The value of this property should be a number between 0.0 and 1.0, inclusive.
Brightness changes made by an app remain in effect until the device is locked, regardless of whether the app is closed. The system brightness (which the user can set in Settings or Control Center) is restored the next time the display is turned on.

I ask this because at night once most of the lights in the house turn off or dim very low, I'd like the tablets that never lock to dim as low as possible too, and in the morning they can come back up to a normal brightness.

I'm thinking I'd set a variable called TabletBrightness at the times I want it to change, then every 15m or so have the content of that variable sent to all connected Indigo Touch clients. This way even if one gets changed or locked/unlocked it won't be more than 15m before it gets adjusted to the desired level without user interaction.

Just a thought...

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:08 pm
durosity offline

Re: iOS devices - Set Screen Brightness

I think this has been requested by someone before, possibly myself. It’d be exceptionally handy to be able to control brightness remotely.. I’d love to be able to have all of my mounted tablets running idle at the dimmest setting and automatically brighten when indigo detects a motion sensor in that room has been triggered.

I do seem to recall an app called KioskPro had the ability to do that via a convoluted update of config file that you could update externally.. it’s been a couple of years since I last looked at that so my memory is very fuzzy, but if it did do that there was a delay for it happening but I’d imagine that’d not be an issue in your use case (where as in mine I need real time adjustment)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Ross,

Durosity is correct – this one is already on the wish list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:08 pm
durosity offline

(I’m ALWAYS correct).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1