Zwave multi-channel association

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 am
koburg offline

Re: Zwave multi-channel association

This is a device from danish company called logic group.

they are making Din rail products as well

the one I want to use is this https://logic-group.com/products/matrix-switches/#MatrixDBtab
called matrix ZDB this is a special for the danish electric installation but they will make a battery device (ZBA) with same features
and a EU version (matrix 55) also.

link for English manual/guide

https://logic-group.com/download/3565/

It would be cool with a plugin for handling Multi-channel
but just making it work with raw commands also ok of course
But im actually willing to pay for some help.

I do have 2 ZDB Devices now and need more for the new house we are building.

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You might be able to trigger off of the scene commands sent for each button press now if you have configuration parameter 7 enabled (set to 1). You can turn on Indigo's Z-Wave debug logging checkbox (via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item), then press each button to see if any incoming commands are logged in the Event Log. Presuming it is sending the central scene commands you can try using this plugin to create events for them.

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pm
jaga01 offline

Hi,
I have the Matrix switch up and running controlled by indigo. It works splendid.

I use the scene controller from Howartp´s Plugins.

It did also work with the previous Switch from Logic Group.

I will be happy to show you how it works e.g via a Skype Call.

Its very simple. There is also a description how to make it work under:
ZHC5010 - look for that and you will find Howartp instruction to me on how to make it work

Regards, Jacob

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:31 pm
koburg offline

Thanks I know the scene controller plug-in and have This working with 1 or 2 or held button. To fire Triggers.

but this is about Multi-Channel-association

Where you link Two Devices together
When you do so you Can Control each other Devices directly whitout the Gateway.

When you do so you Can

1. push a Button which are associated with the otter device directly. When you do that you Can make it so that each Devices buttons turn led on/off to show the State for each Devices.

This is working when you use multi-association. And no Triggers are involved in This.

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:00 pm
jaga01 offline

OK - Then I do not have a solution. Sorry :D

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:54 pm
koburg offline

this is what you can do with this device
when you use multi-channel association

Skærmbillede 2019-09-16 kl. 05.47.11.png
Skærmbillede 2019-09-16 kl. 05.47.11.png (228.46 KiB) Viewed 3291 times

Skærmbillede 2019-09-16 kl. 05.47.31.png
Skærmbillede 2019-09-16 kl. 05.47.31.png (181.29 KiB) Viewed 3291 times

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:43 am
jaga01 offline

Hi Koburg,
Thanks for the description. Thats very interesting.
Anyway maybe you can help by telling me how I controll the Matrix switch from a button on my ZRC-90 Remote.
As I am using the scene controller plugin, I adress each button on the matrix as Button 1 to 4. As I have installed the Matrix as button 1 as it is standard set to controll the connected lead (Endpoint 5 i Think). I only have to press button one to turn on/off or dim the connected device.
But how do I adress this from a button on my ZRC-90. On that remote I have a button 8. When I press this I want to turn off all the light in my living room. I am able to do this with my Philips HUE, but for the Matrix i have problems to adress the device. Can you help?
Regards, Jacob

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 am
koburg offline

Hi Jacob

I think you mean Association ?
The ZRC-90 do not support Association because to do this you have to be able to associate the button # from the ZRC-90 to the Button on the Matrix.

You can only do this thru a scene/trigger

BUT since indigodomo not yet have implemented the Matrix. At me it shows as "multilevel switch"
and each button not even the main button you refer to is controllable from indigo interface (like a fibaro or qubino switch) we can not make a scene.
that turn it on/off or Dim

Another way could be to usa a scene to send a raw zwave command to the matrix to turn off the button one

I have not yet sent in the device description so they can implement it have you?
and It maybe take some time before it get in.

Fibaro support the device because logic-group have helped them

I have told logic group about indigodomo.

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:46 pm
howartp offline

I’m interested in adding support for this unit (inc the LEDs) in the Scene Controller plugin.

Watch this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 am
koburg offline

howartp wrote:
I’m interested in adding support for this unit (inc the LEDs) in the Scene Controller plugin.

Watch this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great news tell me if you need data from the device.

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:56 pm
howartp offline

First off, the user manual for this product is fantastic, and the zwave implementation is awesome! Only the odd "lost in translation" and occasional mis-type, but it's clear, concise and completely understandable.

Koburg/jaga01, does the UI for the Matrix device allow you to "Turn on"/"Turn off" the whole (unidentified) device in Indigo?

Jaga's request to turn off the light connected to the endpoint 5/button 1 looks like it should work out of the box by just turning on/off the whole device, without worrying about endpoints / multiple buttons not existing, unless because it's reporting as multilevel-switch, the UI doesn't provide an on/off button?

I'm presuming you both have the Matrix set to use Central Scene commands (param 7 = 1, the default), so you're already happy with processing incoming commands from the buttons using the plugin?

So I just need to properly facilitate turning on/off the attached dimmer (endpoint 5), on/off the buttons, and the colours of the buttons?

Peter

Posted on
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:13 am
jaga01 offline

Hi Howartp & Koburg,
Just now seen your postings. I have not requested Indigo to create the devices. I did that with the previous model, but nothing has happened. I think that conclusion was that I could use the scene controller to accomplish what I needed at that time (Scene activation by activating button 1-4).

Anyway I will be happy to be part of testing.

Regards, Jacob

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 am
koburg offline

Sorry for my late reply im just building a new home so are busy keep an eye on the workers
please see answers below each question.

Koburg/jaga01, does the UI for the Matrix device allow you to "Turn on"/"Turn off" the whole (unidentified) device in Indigo?

No not at All there is only one ON/OFF and it is NOT working and a dimmer not updating dimmer level. it will only work together with your scene plugin (please se picture attached how the device is included.)

Jaga's request to turn off the light connected to the endpoint 5/button 1 looks like it should work out of the box by just turning on/off the whole device, without worrying about endpoints / multiple buttons not existing, unless because it's reporting as multilevel-switch, the UI doesn't provide an on/off button?

Yes button on is working to turn on/off the build in relay as standard you can choose another from parameters

I'm presuming you both have the Matrix set to use Central Scene commands (param 7 = 1, the default), so you're already happy with processing incoming commands from the buttons using the plugin?

Yes and that's is all that are working for now and only single association are working which is useless for this device if you want it to control a "twin" matrix

So I just need to properly facilitate turning on/off the attached dimmer (endpoint 5), on/off the buttons, and the colours of the buttons?

Yes please. the colors can be set from parameters for now but sure if it could work from plugin.
another important thing is the multi association function to work.

screen.jpg
screen.jpg (435.43 KiB) Viewed 3063 times

Posted on
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:33 pm
siclark offline

matt (support) wrote:
Definitely still on my wish/ToDo list, but first we have to get the 64 bit version of Indigo wrapped up.

Hi Matt. Any news on multi-channel association? Would be really cool to get this working

Posted on
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Definitely on my request/ToDo list and is a pretty high priority (but we have lots of high priorities :wink: ).