Additional States for Lights (and other devices)

Posted on
Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:36 am
autolog offline

Additional States for Lights (and other devices)

It would be very helpful if native Indigo (7 :?: ) supported additional lighting states other than just on and off.

I am particularly thinking of dimming and brightening of lights where there is a duration involved. So for example, if a light is on at 100% and I ask for it turn off (to 0%) over 5 seconds at what point is it off? Is it off at the point of the request being accepted to start turning it off or when it is actually off?

This has come to light (excuse the pun :wink: ) when using Gary's Home Remote, where when I turn my LIFX lamps off (over 5 seconds) the Apple Watch shows the lights as being on (with a green dot) even though they are being turned off as Indigo still thinks they are on as they are not yet off. I could change my LIFX Plugin to show them as off straight away but that would be confusing to the user if the dimming time was longer e.g. 10 minutes or so.

It would therefore be useful if some additional states were available such as: ramping down, ramping up, dimming, brightening etc. Maybe the related icon could be made to flash to show that the action is in progress?

Page 1 of 1