Logic on devices

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 pm
Gangotti offline

Logic on devices

A feature that I love using is the logic ability in conditions under triggers and schedules. Would it be possible to put it on devices as well? I recently ran into a issue when trying to turn on a keypad light. I wanted the light to turn on if either of my two lamps were on and turn off the light if both were off. in order to do this I had to create 4 triggers 2 (one for each lamp) that would turn the keypad light on if the lap was turned on and 2 (again one for each lamp) to turn it off. Without these rules if you activate the light from indigo, or from the touch client the light on the keypad would not come on. I for instance you could write a "rule" on the keypad device that said "if either lamp is on set keypad -button 3 to on" and keep the rule active as long as the lamps were on. once the lamps were turned off, the rule would no longer be true and the light on the keypad would turn off. This would effectively get rid of the 4 triggers I had t write in the above example and make it a property of the device. To go further you could then have Triggers/schedules/variables/etc, that could disable the rules giving you even more flexibility. Thanks for entertaining my thoughts, and thanks you for creating a great Home Automation Software.

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:09 am
Londonmark offline

Re: Logic on devices

+1 to this. So often end up having to write scripts to get round this.

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Logic on devices

Take a look at creating a Virtual Device in Indigo to represent what you want the KeypadLinc LED state to be. Note I believe you'll want to use the Any device is ON option. Once the Virtual Device tracks the behavior you want for the LED you can then create just 2 Device State Changed triggers (one for ON, one for OFF) that turn the keypad LED ON and OFF (based on the device state of the virtual device).

Page 1 of 1