Control Page Editing Workflow - Hotkeys

Posted on
Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:36 am
ArthurD123 offline

Control Page Editing Workflow - Hotkeys

These are, I hope, a few fairly straight-forward & simple features that could really make the control page editing workflow a LOT easier, especially in lieu of some more advanced templating / "include" type features...

1 -- When editing a control page, a hotkey to save & close (preferably CMD+S). Bonus points for something like CMD+S saving (without close), and SHIFT+CMD+S doing a normal save & close.

2 -- When at the main Indigo window, and with Control Pages selected in the left structure/nav area: right now to edit a control page, AFAICT, you must double-click the control page you want to edit. Instead, it'd be awesome if a simple keypress of the "return" key, or even something like CMD+E or similar, would take you directly to the edit window for the currently-selected control page.

Basically I'm looking to minimize mouse-movements when working on control pages; ideally I want to be able to save, check it out on my actual device (manually), and then be able to open the control page back up again to make any changes / fixes / tweaks / etc. based off of my testing. Right now that requires using the mouse to click "Save & Close" as well as another double-click on the Control Page to go back to editing it.

Really small thing but it'd make the workflow of designing & working with control pages substantially less tedious for me at least...

Posted on
Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:56 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Control Page Editing Workflow - Hotkeys

ideally I want to be able to save, check it out on my actual device (manually), and then be able to open the control page back up again to make any changes / fixes / tweaks / etc. based off of my testing. Right now that requires using the mouse to click "Save & Close" as well as another double-click on the Control Page to go back to editing it.

You can do that with zero clicks right now. ;-) When you begin editing a page, you'll see a temporary / in-progress / whatever you want to call it control page is automatically created; it will be the one beginning with an underscore. You can open this on your device and see your changes live as you make them... no save, close or anything else is required, the changes just appear auto-magically. ;-)

Posted on
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:04 am
ArthurD123 offline

Yeah, I've used that a few times -- but it's still kind of a PITA when testing more than just a single page (ie testing for link continuity amongst all pages, etc). Also kind of a pain to navigate the mobile device to the "preview" page, but is doable for sure. Anyways, I can certainly live with not having a hot-key to save/save-and-close, but it'd be really nice to have.

A hot-key to edit / open the edit window, for the currently-highlighted control page (or device, action group, etc) would be IMMENSELY helpful workflow-wise though...

Appreciate your help though.

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1