Intesis Home to control the air conditioner

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm
markf424 offline

Re: Intesis Home to control the air conditioner

I just got my first Intesis unit to control our Fujitsu mini-split in a pool house. I'll get it hooked up today and plan to try to fool with this code. I'm not a great coder but can usually hobble something together, so we'll see if I can get any traction on it.

Another less appealing, but potentially workable option, is to use Indigo ---> IFTTT ---> IntesisHome. That looks entirely possible.

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:39 pm
markf424 offline

IFTTT support is limited. It allows you to turn on/turn off the AC, and you can pass a parameter for the set point. Great. However, this doesn't appear to work for heat, which is mostly what mine is used for.

The embedded script I used in my action to execute the IFTTT maker action was:

Code: Select all
import urllib2
url = 'https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/change_setpoint/with/key/<API key>'
value1 = '{"value1":"72"}'
req = urllib2.Request(url, value1)
content = urllib2.urlopen(req)

This successfully executed, and IFTTT successfully sends it to my IntesisHome device. But sadly, no juice on the heat. I'm poking at the python code, but I'm a pretty hacky coder.

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:39 am
danielw offline

I'm using IFTTT by triggering IntesisHome scenes (one for Cold and one for Heat). That works in 99.9 % of the cases. As a control measure I have a scheduled task in Indigo that check the consumption of the heating pump vs the desired status of my heating/cooling choice if the device is on or not (if not sending another email to IFTTT after few minutes).

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:10 am
markf424 offline

I was unable to retrieve my saved scenes from within IFTTT. It would try but return no results. I changed the names of them to remove spaces, then special characters, etc. Couldn't find a solution. It sounds like it works for you, so I'll revisit that and see if I can solve that. Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:38 pm
danielw offline

I'm using 2 scenes in Intesis Home.
'Cool18' and 'Heat28'.
They are visible in IFTTT and I triggered with different hashtags (#StartCool or #StartHeat) in the subject line of the email that Indigo sending.
The there is a 3rd trigger to stop off course. All managed in Indigo with triggers based on measured room temperature vs desired target temperature (from adjustable variables)

Posted on
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 pm
markf424 offline

Found my issue; you have to reconfigure the IntesisHome service whenever you update/add scenes. Then you can check to allow those scenes to be presented to IFTTT. Just for future reference...

I'm good now!