Feature Request: Secondary Controller Mode

Posted on
Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:53 am
jparrish offline

Feature Request: Secondary Controller Mode

I have a Honeywell L5100 alarm panel in my home, and it really wants to be the primary controller. I would greatly appreciate if Indigo could be set up as a secondary controller. Is this possible in a future release?

Posted on
Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Secondary Controller Mode

It's on our feature request list to look at, but to be honest it's not something that's very high on the priority list.

(moved to the appropriate forum)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:28 pm
jparrish offline

Jay, thanks for the quick reply, even if the answer wasn’t what I was hoping for.

FYI, the Aeon Labs Z-Stick is able to act as a secondary controller, but this functionality must be enabled through Indigo. From the Z-Stick User Guide:

Add the Z-Stick to a pre-existing Z-Wave network:

This must be done through the host software which takes control of the Z-Stick USB adapter while the Z-Stick is in SerialAPI-Mode. Please consult the instruction manual of the host software to add the Z-Stick to a pre existing Z-Wave network (i.e. "Learn", "Sync", "Add as Secondary Controller", etc.). This function can only be preformed via the host software.

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, we know it's possible. It poses some problems though, not the least of which is some interesting QA scenarios. Demand has been extremely low and the amount of time/effort required to build and maintain it just doesn't make much financial sense at the moment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1