Bluetooth

Posted on
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:24 am
jltnol offline

Bluetooth

So as seemingly more and more devices leverage Bluetooth for communication and control, I'm wondering it is even possible to create the "infrastructure" in Indigo to send out Bluetooth commands.

And of course, even if the infrastructure to do this via Indigo could be made to work, figuring out all the different traffic to all those different devices sounds like a steep hill to climb indeed... unless there is a standard "set" of Bluetooth commands, and the individual devices are just programed to react accordingly. This kind of understanding is way beyond my pay grade, so I'm just guessing at what might be possible.

In short, I just got some "party lights" that work from an app on my phone, and communicate over Bluetooth. It would be nice to be able to automate this via Indigo, but I'm guessing this is more Mission: Impossible than anything else.

But, just curious if there might be a way with existing plugins to even THINK about making this work.

Posted on
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:54 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Bluetooth

The Bluetooth commands depend on the devices.

In pibeacon I have defined the commands for a few of the devices ( eg bot, Xiaomi etc. )

But it is always a lot of trial and error with proper timing parameters and timeouts and determining current state of device ….

So it’s not just protocol defs

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1