Adjust colors of logging

Posted on
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Hax offline

Adjust colors of logging

Would be nice to adjust the colors used in the log window. (Unless I'm missing the place to do it)
The light pale green for debug is rather difficult to read/see.
And would love for it not to be the hex /RGB format (ie #BF40BF), but human readable, mac inspired, easy format: green, dark green, blue dark blue etc. (or a picker)

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:01 pm
ThomS offline

Re: Adjust colors of logging

This has become a bigger deal with the advent of Dark mode. I cannot read anything but the white. The others I have to swipe and select to read them. In debugging mode this is really painful because of the variety of colors.
This is a serious usability feature.

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:24 am
DaveL17 offline

I agree that a color setting for log messages would be a great addition to Indigo.

As a plugin developer (and one who uses Dark Mode exclusively), I'm curious. Do your log messages look like this? I find them pretty easy to read at about 75% brightness. There can be differences in color and display settings between machines (and humans can see colors differently) which can result in this image appearing different to different people. In other words, something that's easy for me to read may not be for you.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.10.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 5.10.12 AM.png (9.04 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm curious about this too. Although customization would be great, the defaults are readable to me in dark mode. Can you take a screen capture of what you are seeing and post it into a reply?

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:45 pm
FlyingDiver offline

ThomS wrote:
This has become a bigger deal with the advent of Dark mode. I cannot read anything but the white. The others I have to swipe and select to read them. In debugging mode this is really painful because of the variety of colors.
This is a serious usability feature.

What device are you doing this on?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1