Indigo 2021.1 Release Update feature request

Posted on
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:27 pm
jrcitizen offline

Indigo 2021.1 Release Update feature request

Exciting update https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25186.

That said, as a parent of young children, when I saw the example of "Alexa, open garage door", the first thought that came to my mind is how can I disable certain functions. My 6 year old has already gone to others houses tryint to turn their lights on through She Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken. In the case of the door manager, I am fine with using Alexa to close/lock a door, but would want to disable the ability to open/unlock a door. Using the current Alexa Hue bridge, I can do that by simply limiting what functions I publish.

Please make this possible :D

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 2:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo 2021.1 Release Update feature request

So, use of a PIN to unlock a door or open the garage doesn't address your issue? Both are required by Amazon (as described in the docs).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 3:06 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Also, you can use the same mechanism to protect the door/lock as you do with the Alexa Hue Bridge - create a wrapper device that only does what you want.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun May 02, 2021 12:15 pm
MarcoGT offline

Just a quick question about the Alexa Integration; is "just" a way to publish Indigo devices to Alexa or can I buy a device which has support for Alexa and then see it in Indigo?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Sun May 02, 2021 1:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

MarcoGT wrote:
Just a quick question about the Alexa Integration; is "just" a way to publish Indigo devices to Alexa or can I buy a device which has support for Alexa and then see it in Indigo?

The former. Alexa skills can't control other Alexa devices directly - that capability doesn't exist in the Alexa Skills Kit most likely as a security measure.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1