Indigo Touch places a heuristic image at different position

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:57 am
GlennNZ offline

Indigo Touch places a heuristic image at different position

Hi John

Thanks for the suggestion - the black screen for nighttime kiosk is a great idea. The Kiosk app looks quite good as well - low overhead as far as app go as well. I’ll have a look at that in more detail.

Just wanted to point out though - you can get the black screen heuristic images working fine in ipad touch. This is with as you describe a 1x1 pixel transparent png as +false image, and a black png as true image.

If it is just a black screen you are swapping with the solution is to make the size of black screen really large - 50% bigger than screen size is needed. This way despite the change in anchoring points (which occur given image size differences) still big enough to blank out entire screen.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:59 am
McJohn offline

Re: Indigo Touch places a heuristic image at different posit

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the BIG hint :wink:
50% bigger image works indeed with Indigo Touch for the "night mode".

The other images like heuristic plots, welcome text, etc. still remains a challenge with Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: Indigo Touch places a heuristic image at different posit

Understand - those other images which aren’t blank images need to be placed correctly and then disappear.

I haven’t trialed this - but wonder whether reversing the logic of the image would resolve? This should lead to the larger image being the one that decides the positioning with the off image (1x1 transparent pixel).

Then logic would just have to be reversed for displaying and triggering etc

Hopefully follow - will try and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk