Control pages work on iOS, but not on web

Posted on
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:16 pm
phillymike offline

Control pages work on iOS, but not on web

After my upgrade to server version 2022.2.0 my control pages work fine on iOS, but viewing them on the web results in this behavior:

No controls work. The page only updates if I refresh it.

The error log contains entries like this:

Code: Select all
 Server Error                internal server error for request /web/getupdatedcontrols from <IP address redacted>
   Web Server Error                /web/getupdatedcotrols: unknown error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/.Web Server.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/blueprints/control_pages_v2.py", line 424, in get_updated_controls
    page_id = int(request.args.get("page", 0))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '1777062727<a href="http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B11777062727" class="gv-tel-link" target="_blank" rel="noopener" title="Call +1 1777062727 via Google Voice"></a>'

Any thoughts on what to try?

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to more appropriate forum

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control pages work on iOS, but not on web

Looks like the browser (Chrome my any chance?) is trying to turn your control page ID into a telephone number by appending HTML code after it.

'1777062727<a href="http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B11777062727" class="gv-tel-link" target="_blank" rel="noopener" title="Call +1 1777062727 via Google Voice"></a>'

Note that the ID (1777062727) looks something like a US telephone number. Which will definitely not work. We're looking at how to instruct browsers not to attempt this sillyness, but in the meantime I think you're going to have to try to turn it off in your browser settings (sorry, I don't know where it is so you might have to search around a bit).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Just a quick followup: we are adding a header on our control pages that should turn off auto-detection:

<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no" />

However, it looks like whatever browser you're using is ignoring that. If it's Chrome, I think this might be the way to turn off the phone number detection.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:32 pm
phillymike offline

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! It was my Chrome browser's Google Voice extension. With the extension turned off the control pages work fine. Thank you!

The extension is at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-voice-by-google/kcnhkahnjcbndmmehfkdnkjomaanaooo

Page 1 of 1