Updates Paused

Posted on
Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:58 pm
jltnol offline

Updates Paused

So I have an iPad mounted on the wall and use it to display different control pages from Indigo. This iPad is "always on", so it sits on the wall to display info from Indgio. With the 2022.2 update, I'm not getting "Updates Paused Tap anywhere to resume".

Just trying to figure out if this is normal behavior with the new server software.

Not sure if this matters or not, but the iPad is connecting thru the Reflector. I'm going to try connecting directly via the IP address of the server to see if that makes any difference...

I get the same thing regardless of the Control Page. Some pages are most static, but others have Time & Temp displays and they get "paused" as well even though the data should be changing every minute or so.

Posted on
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:13 am
jltnol offline

Re: Updates Paused

FWIW, I've noticed some somewhat odd networking behavior with 2022.2, and this is one of them.

On my iPhone, I can connect to my home server (while at home and on WiFI) via these ways:
1. Reflector
2. Personal URL with port #
3. internal IP address of Indigo Server with port #

Of course, I don't stay on a Control Page while on my phone for long, so have no idea if the "Paused... " message ever shows up

On my iPad, I can connect to my home server(while at home and on WiFi) only via these ways:
1. Reflector, which leaves me with the "Paused...." messages on Control Pages
2. Personal URL with port #, which DOESN'T leave me with the "Paused..." message on Control Pages...
But can NOT connect my iPad to the server using the internal IP address and port # for my Indigo Server.

iPhone iOS version is 16.3.1
iPad iOS version is 15.7.3

the iPad connecting issue is minor, the "Paused...." message also seems solvable... but just... odd. Nothing in my network has changed between 2022.1 and 2022.2, but just a few connecting issues have popped up. I'm also more than willing to write this off as some kind of iOS or MacOS issue, but still find it odd.

Posted on
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:59 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The updates are only paused if you are connecting over a reflector. The behavior has not changed from previous versions of Indigo – it is an Indigo Touch behavior. We have to pay for all the bandwidth bounced off of reflectors and some CPs with refreshing images can use non-trivial bandwidth if they are left refreshing 24/7, so we pause updates if there aren't any touches after a while.

Connecting using your Mac's IP address should avoid the problem. I'm not sure why the iPad cannot connect using the Mac's LAN IP address. Since your iPhone can that shows the problem is networking related I believe . Are you positive your iPad is connected to WiFi and the same LAN as the iPhone? You might try rebooting everything (iPad and all networking equipment).

Posted on
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:25 pm
jltnol offline

Hey Matt

Thanks for the info. The bandwidth issue now makes perfect sense. I'm normally connected by my personal URL, and that works on the iPad and no "Pausing...." so that is the method I'll use. Oddly enough, even after a re-start, the iPad still won't connect via the Indigo Server IP, but again, I have an easy way around that. Guessing it's probably something iOS related, or something with the MacOS on the server side, but regardless, nothing I'm going to worry about.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:42 am
FlyingDiver offline

That sure sounds like the iPad is on a guest Wi-Fi network, not on your main Wi-Fi network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:27 am
jltnol offline

I actually don't have a "Guest" network, but I DO have a hidden WiFi network thru an Apple WiFi device, but it gives out IP addresses from my main router, so everything is basically on the same network. But I did move the iPad to my main WiFi network, and ran into the same issue. No doubt there is something going on outside of Indigo.

Page 1 of 1