Sloooooow control pages with Indigo 2022.2.0

Posted on
Tue May 09, 2023 5:02 pm
BeeEss offline

Re: Sloooooow control pages with Indigo 2022.2.0

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm experiencing this issue as well. My control pages, whether loaded from a browser or Indigo Touch, are loading really slow since the upgrade to Indigo 2022.2. They were perfect (everything loaded almost instantly) on 2022.1. After reading through the thread, here are some details about my setup/experience:

Indigo 2022.2 on a 2018 Intel Mac Mini, 6-core i7, 32GB RAM, Monterey 12.6.5

I don't have refreshing image URLs on any of my control pages. My largest control page has 207 controls, but I also have a bunch that only have ~20 or so; in my experience the number of controls doesn't have too much effect on how slowly the controls pop on to the page (it just takes longer overall if there are more controls on the page.)

For me, the controls on the page load in sort of a patchwork pattern - a handful will appear, then a second or so goes by, then another handful pop onto the screen, then another second or two, and so on. I experience the behavior using Safari on the local Indigo server, Safari or Firefox on a MBP on the local network, and all of my Indigo Touch devices on the local network (both iPad and iPhone.)

I'm wondering if there is something to the multiple clients theory. I have two iPads that are set to never sleep and keep Indigo Touch up 24/7 - they display variable values for time, weather, and devices that refresh probably several times per minute or more. (Again, no refreshing image URLs, just displaying variable values and static device state images.) I also have a MagicMirror that runs 24/7 and it continuously displays two control pages at the same time. So that's two pages in Indigo Touch and two in a browser that are basically always running and displaying variables and device state images that change pretty frequently. Then at any given time either me or my spouse might be accessing one via Indigo Touch on our respective iPad or iPhone, so I suppose it wouldn't be uncommon for there to be six control pages being displayed/updated at any given time in our setup.

I can reproduce the 'undefined page' errors in the log that McJohn reported, but not the 503s. When a page is loading in a web browser, if I hit the stop button before the page fully loads it throws errors for whatever images hadn't yet loaded:

Code: Select all
May 9, 2023 at 5:49:45 PM
   Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /images/controls/static/BS_HVAC_Cooling.png from 192.168.2.6
   Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /images/controls/devices/BS_Light+on.png from 192.168.2.6
   Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /images/controls/devices/BS_Ellipse_35+true.png from 192.168.2.6
   Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /images/controls/static/BS_HVAC_Heating.png from 192.168.2.6
   Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /images/controls/static/BS_Wind.png from 192.168.2.6

I don't see anything else in the log that would seem to indicate anything is wrong. Also, the new Indigo Touch for Web is comparatively very snappy - the devices page loads details for 83 devices in one second or so.

I'm happy to test anything that you think might help - may be a little slow responding due to work commitments but glad to help out if I can. Thanks!

Posted on
Tue May 09, 2023 5:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What specific version of Indigo Server are you running? We made significant changes to 2022.2.1 for web server performance.

The undefined page errors are likely because those images aren't being found. Those are not images we install. Note Indigo is looking in the sub-folders here for them:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Web Assets/images/

Posted on
Tue May 09, 2023 6:31 pm
BeeEss offline

Appreciate the response, Matt! I was running 2022.2.2 (sorry I missed the point release there.) I say "was" because I just redownloaded 2022.2.2 and reinstalled it, and it's now lightning fast. Not sure what would have changed other than a server restart, but it's working great now. I wonder if I had a runaway process or something that the server restart resolved - I don't recall the last time I restarted (very possible not since 4/15 when I first installed it.) I'll keep an eye on it and report back if things start to slow down again.

RE: the undefined page errors, those images were definitely in the correct location. The only time I ever got the errors is if I used the stop button in a browser midway through the page load. If I clicked refresh and let it load all the way out, the images appeared and there were no errors in the log. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks again, appreciate the help!

Posted on
Wed May 10, 2023 2:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great, thanks for the follow-up and I'm glad it is zippy again now.