Unable to activate Reflector

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:17 am
jameskever offline

Unable to activate Reflector

Hello. Former user about 8 years back but went to Insteaon Hub which has recently gone dark. I need mobile phone access to my home's automation. So my MacbookPro is gonna take one for the team and run Indigo full time.

After installing and testing it out, I took advantage of the upgrade option for about $95. I did this primarily so I could activate the reflector and hopefully gain remote access to Indigo.

However when I click "Activate Reflector" It brings me to the license page and says...

Click on the Create Reflector button next to your Indigo 7 or greater registration code below to create a reflector. Indigo 6 and older no longer support new reflectors.

However there's no Reflector button next to my

Indigo 2021.2 license upgraded on April 24, 2022 - activated on Mac "James’s MacBook Pro"

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you.

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:11 am
jameskever offline

Re: Unable to activate Reflector

The answer was to reset my reflector apparently I activated years ago. Once I did that I was able to activate it.

Now I'm trying to figure out web access and I'm very frustrated. Web demo is "forthcoming" but there's no links to the web, no instructions on anything accept iOS. I'm on an Android.

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:31 am
FlyingDiver offline

Probably best thing for you would be to use the third-party DomoPad client on Android.

viewforum.php?f=73

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Web access: https://YOURREFLECTOR.indigodomo.net/

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:51 am
jameskever offline

Eventually I saw the reflector URL after Indigo had been restarted. I didn't even know to look for that.

I did download the app from the Android App Store. It worked pretty much straight out of the box. However it stopped working when I took my phone off the wifi to see if I'd be able to access it remotely. I've not been able to get it working... even on the home wifi, and a reboot. I'll play with it more today. There is always web access (as one of the comments points out) which works just fine.

Page 1 of 1