Using control pages is there a way to send a digest auth

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:21 am
EagleDTW offline

Using control pages is there a way to send a digest auth

Hi,

I want to access the reflector control pages through a url request and wanted a method to pass digest authentication to the webpage as to not have access denied and there is no interface to enter the username and password in the form popup. This is a special use case, but would be super helpful if someone knows how to construct a url encoded method?

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Using control pages is there a way to send a digest auth

Unfortunately, that's not how Digest Auth works (passing on the URL line). It can't be done in a single URL line since Digest requires extra processing. You can switch Indigo to use Basic authentication instead which will allow you to pass the username/password on the URL line. Basic auth, if not used over https, sends passwords in the clear so it less secure than Digest.

We will be allowing more flexibility of the various authentication methods in a release next year.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

What exactly are you trying to do with a control page? Emulate a button press?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:45 pm
EagleDTW offline

Jay - I now have the .conf file in the correct location saved as the correct file type and the server starts up but my reflector is down - is there a further step to get this working?

Flying Diver - I have a skill in Alexa that exposes a trigger as a routine starting event and need to have a page - control panel that has a variable that is exposed to trigger. The skill scrapes the site every minute, but with auth on it does not have access. confirmed working without auth and now want basic auth for some level of auth all together.

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

EagleDTW wrote:
Jay - I now have the .conf file in the correct location saved as the correct file type and the server starts up but my reflector is down - is there a further step to get this working

Using the .conf file shouldn't impact the reflector, unless maybe there is a syntax error in it and the Web server cannot start. What does the Event Log window show after you stop/restart the Indigo Server?

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:36 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi Matt, after loading plugins and starting reflector indicated at the start of logs it says this about 3 minutes after launch of server:
Error reflector connection test failed: local server unreachable
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds
Error failed to create reflector connection: local server unreachable
Error check your Firewall and Network configurations and try restarting the server
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 15 minutes

also my local connection to bonjour client is down in indigo touch

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Remove your .conf file to verify that the reflector then starts working (after an Indigo Server restart). If it does, then the problem is with the formatting of your .conf file.

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:09 pm
EagleDTW offline

Finally got it configured right, non lossy ASCII rather than Western ASCII may have done it

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1