QR code for direct access to control page

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:18 pm
agame offline

QR code for direct access to control page

I'm trying to simplify getting access to control pages on [trusted] local user devices, by using QR codes.

Is anyone having success with this? What I'm finding is that I can't avoid an initial password prompt on iPhone/Safari browser (even with the user:pass@indigoURL embedded in the encoded URL).

Posted on
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:10 pm
sundog offline

Re: QR code for direct access to control page

This is worth the effort to making work... if the app could tie in with a password manager, all the better.

QR code stickers on outlet faceplates and devices is a REAL WIN and exactly the sort of justification for a native Mac product.

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:38 pm
agame offline

Re: QR code for direct access to control page

yeah, I think its pretty obvious! You cant enter a bar or a supermarket without a covid-app QR checkin here, so everyone has become savvy on using QR codes.

The example you mention (pull up a specific control page from a QR code) is super easy to achieve and works fine - just encode the indigo url on one of the QR websites likehttps://www.qrcode-monkey.com. The only hitch is I still haven't figured out is to avoid a first-time password prompt.

So fine for family, but not guests.

You can encode wifi network login action as a QR code, so would be great to give guests HA access in the same way.

Page 1 of 1