Dashboards / Imperihome / General Dashboard discussion

Posted on
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:56 am
Rjay offline

Dashboards / Imperihome / General Dashboard discussion

With the impending death of Imperihome which I had been using as a bit of a lazy man's dashboard as it had a lot of the built in integrations for the DIY HA enthusiast I am looking at next options.

While I was using control pages purely to create some buttons/indigo interaction and then just inserting them into Imperihome grid layout (much like an iframe) I have always been looking for something a bit more elegant a bit like Home Assistant's dashboard highly configurable dashboard or ActionTiles etc. My thought was maybe I could just get some really need graphic work done over on Fiverr and then use it as a background then lay the buttons as needed over the top then go in and edit the HTML and throw in my own iFrames to bring in the other things I had previously been doing e.g. Weather, Security cams etc. Then I realised that will likely not work as per thread below;
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=16270

Next thought was as per thread above go back to the previous technique I was using so get the graphics made up, slice them up and make them html and then inject the other pages and indigo control pages as well also as iframes. It will likely be a bit more laggy in response but is the best solution I can think of currently?

What is everyone else doign for dashboards and really solid looking interfaces?

thanks

Posted on
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:28 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Dashboards / Imperihome / General Dashboard discussion

Clearly not a lot. :D

You're probably familiar or at least aware of these options which seem to be the most used around these parts:
  1. Grafana
  2. IndigoPlotD (uses gnuplot)
  3. Matplotlib
  4. SVG

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 pm
Rjay offline

Re: Dashboards / Imperihome / General Dashboard discussion

haha yes you seem to be correct Dave, thansk for the reply :D Aware of a few of those. More looking for the control interfaces rather than grphing/data display

Yeh I find it kinda unusual considering how big the use of Dashboards are in other products e.g. ActionTiles etc for Smarthings/Hubitat, Home Remote and Homeseers own custom Dashboarding product for Homeseer, Homeassistants customisable dashboard etc.

Anyhow I have basically come to the conclusion I would have to do something custom e.g. design a bunch of icons/Layouts and then use iframes to insert Control page elements and use Fully Kiosked to get similar results to the other platforms :)

cheers

Page 1 of 1