Start/Initiate Trigger on a Control Page - Newbie to Indigo

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:04 pm
McIntoshBear offline

Start/Initiate Trigger on a Control Page - Newbie to Indigo

I have a trigger that I start/initiate when I go to bed (Go To Bed T). In my previous system (StarGate-X10) I started the trigger from a Maxi Controler. I had no problems or issues recreating the functionality or actions that I want the trigger to perform. In my move from StarGate, Indigo has been unreliable in receiving X10 commands from my 2 Maxi Controlers from after midnight to 6 am. Hence, I am trying to move the way I initiate this trigger to an Indigo Control Page. I have created two versions of the trigger, one with a received X10 command and one with the change of state of a variable.

Is there a way in a control page to change the state of a variable to initiate my "Go To Bed" trigger with out having to enter a new value in the Popup UI Control?

What is the most appropriate "control" to put on the control page. I have looked through several Board Topics but was unable to find a similar topic.

I am trying to move away from my 35 years of experience with StarGate and X10 and doing my best to embrace Indigo but it is frustrating at times.

Thanks for your assistance.
dds

Posted on
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:38 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Start/Initiate Trigger on a Control Page - Newbie to Ind

You don't need a trigger - just create a Control Page Element (image or something) that executes the actions directly. If you use the exact same set of actions in a variety of places, put the actions in an Action Group and Execute the Action Group from the Page Element (as well as from any other place).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1