Control Pages Attributes for Python Control

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:27 am
wlpredrock offline

Re: Control Pages Attributes for Python Control

All my lights are controlled by switches outside the theater entry door. I plan to integrate them with the theater controller as you have, just haven't gotten around to it. I've got overhead cans, wall mounted lamps, stage/screen floods, and LEDs. All are dimmable and all are controlled with Insteon devices through Indigo. Should be fun when I get them all integrated!

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:17 pm
mundmc offline

Control Pages Attributes for Python Control

Are you guys on AVSForums? I’m “MinHeadroom” over there (joking reference to my freakish height and (originally) shallow basement).

I’m planning my 16:9 to 2.39:1 motorized screen masking system, of course operated through Indigo.

My screwing around with DC motors post here (and there) is my testing phase.

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:17 am
wlpredrock offline

I didn't know it at the time, but I apparently purchased one of the last sold Carada Masquerade CIH Projection Screen Systems. The Boise, Idaho company closed its doors a couple of months after delivery. It was a great DIY system that works well. I was sorry to see the company go.

Posted on
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:15 pm
mundmc offline

wlpredrock wrote:
I didn't know it at the time, but I apparently purchased one of the last sold Carada Masquerade CIH Projection Screen Systems. The Boise, Idaho company closed its doors a couple of months after delivery. It was a great DIY system that works well. I was sorry to see the company go.

!!!

I’ve heard of these! What kind of mechanism does it use?

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 pm
wlpredrock offline

My Carada is a 120 inch diagonal screen. It uses a pulley and cable mechanism to move the two side masks up to 24 inches each horizontally. The controller is IR. There are 4 preset aspect ratios - Wide (2.35:1), 1.85:1, 16:9, and 4:3. It also has 4 dual controls to move the side masks together but manually, as well as 2 independent controls for each side mask. Sorry the company closed up shop; it is an excellent, simple design.

Posted on
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 am
mundmc offline

This is very much what I’m thinking of making. Pulleys, a stepper motor on an arduino, and a spring or a weight to keep some tension. Thanks for this!

Posted on
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm
wlpredrock offline

Sounds like it will work just fine. I may need to come to you for the plans if my Carada ever breaks!! :D

Posted on
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 am
mundmc offline

wlpredrock wrote:
Sounds like it will work just fine. I may need to come to you for the plans if my Carada ever breaks!! :D

Be prepared for a kludgy fix :)