can you have a Control page inside a Control page

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:32 pm
Gangotti offline

Hopefully this makes sense, but here goes! Is there a way to segregate the space in a control page or create a custom popup window and define how big and where it shows up on the screen? Here are my thoughts and what I am trying to do. I am trying to create a Control page that is divided into sections. some of those sections contain information that never changes such as weather, date time, security status, etc. however in a couple of windows I would like to be able to click on a button and it replaces the information in the window. for example, if I press the kitchen button, it displays the Kitchen Controls. Big Picture, is I have a control page for every room in the house and they are all sized for my iphone. I have a 10" Tablet in the Kitchen that is mounted on the wall. I would like to press a button lets say Kitchen and the kitchen control page for my iphone which is 375 x 603 shows up in a section of the tablet control page that is only 375 x 603 the rest of the tablet control page remains unaffected. Similarly, I would like to do the same thing with my security cameras. I would like to have 1 button for each camera and pressing the button changes the image in the camera section without changing anything else on the tablets control page. Is this even possible?

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:48 pm
roussell offline

Not with Indigo Touch -at least not how you’re thinking- although somebody did do something similar using refreshing images and a series of scripts a while back. I can’t remember who it was but it was very similar to what you’re wanting.

You can do this on an Android device with Domopad by displaying the embedded control page from the Indigo webserver using an embedded webpage in Domopad. Otherwise I think you’d have to build some custom web pages and access them using a mobile browser on IOS.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:01 pm
Gangotti offline

Re: can you have a Control page inside a Control page

Thanks Terry, That is what I figured, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Control Page was looking good too... Time to take a step back and regroup!
Attachments
Tablet Concept.jpg
Tablet Concept.jpg (177.82 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 am
roussell offline

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:46 am
roussell offline

Actually, take a look at the security camera plugin, I think that does what you want (in a round-about way), and that plugin is possibly the result of the discussion I vaguely remember.

Plugin:
http://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/70/

Discussion:
https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=239

I haven't used that plugin but several people do. I'd post your specific question over there, and I'm sure Bert can give you a hand.

Terry

Page 1 of 1