Display plugin variables on Control Page - Newbie

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm
Chas_M offline

Display plugin variables on Control Page - Newbie

I am new to Indigo 7 and so far I am very impressed with its capabilities. I have created some basic control pages showing states of switches and lights. However, I would like to display variables from the NOAA plugin on a control page. I see that triggers can respond to NOAA variables, but how do I get to display values of NOAA variables on a control page; or, for that matter any variable to be displayed on a control page.

How to I cross this seemingly very obvious bridge to allow variables from Plug-ins to be displayed to a control page?

There is wealth of excellent information on the various Indigo websites but for some reason I am missing the basis step.

Any help is appreciated.

Indigo 7 and Insteon devices

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 pm
mat offline

Re: Display plugin variables on Control Page - Newbie

For plugins that create devices:

On the control page create a new
In "Display"list at the bottom of the page, select "device state"
In the "for" list, selected the device you created for the plugin (I called mine weather)
In the third list box, select the state of the device you want to display.

For variables:

From the "Display list, select "Variable value"
Then underneath, select either "as image" or as text.

Theres further guidance in the help section on using heuristic images, where dependant upon the value of the variable, different images can be displayed ie snow rain or wind etc....

Have a read of this page ....[url]https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_7_documentation:overview&s[]=images&s[]=variable#control_pages[/url]

and

here https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=cp_custom_images

Hope that helps

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Chas_M offline

Re: Display plugin variables on Control Page - Newbie

Thank you so much for the basic advice. It was simple once I realized that the Display in Browser was a needed step to verify the variable effect.state. My weather page is progressing well.

Page 1 of 1