Keypadlinc

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 pm
alang_94526 offline

Keypadlinc

I have a Keypadlinc that I have linked the buttons to a bunch of different devices. It works very nicely.
I wanted to make a Control Page with a Keypadlinc graphic that I could press the same buttons (albeit virtual) on my phone rather than having to physically press the button on the real keypadlinc.
I cannot seem to be able to figure out how to replicate a button-push such that the keypadlinc sends its stream of Insteon commands out to the devices. The best I seem able to achieve is to turn the button's LED on and use my PowerLinc to send out the stream of Insteon commands to the devices.
This means I have to manage 2 separate command sequences which seems harder to manage than necessary.

Is there a way remotely emulate a real button press so that the commands come from the KeypadLinc?

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Keypadlinc

Unfortunately, no. I can tell you that once you get it set up (which is the cumbersome part) you'll likely rarely ever change it, so maintenance is not a big deal.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm
alang_94526 offline

Thanks for the quick reply Jay. I was hoping I was missing an option or some Applescript cleverness.
I'll just go with the clunky solution and get over it ;p

Posted on
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

alang_94526 wrote:
some Applescript cleverness.

If there were a clever script alternative, it wouldn't be in AppleScript... :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1