Copy item to another CP... pastes off page?

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:27 pm
Professor Falken offline

Copy item to another CP... pastes off page?

I am trying to rework a few pages for display on a different device (fire tablet).

It seems like the easiest way to reformat for me is to make a new background sized for the new device, then copy items from one open CP editor window into another by dragging them. This way all the properties of the CP element copy to the new one.

But for some reason, when I drag from the old window to the new one, the element pastes out of the borders of the CP, at the lower left, and I have no way to grab it and move it into the editable part of the window. The element definitely moves, as it is visible if I do a browser preview.

Am I missing something? Why are these elements dropping in that odd (and unreachable) location?

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:37 pm
Professor Falken offline

Re: Copy item to another CP... pastes off page?

Ahh, I see the problem. when it pastes the item, it is trying to paste it in the location it was in the previous CP. Since I am copying from a phone (portrait) orientation, anything on about the lower half will paste out of the work area on the new landscaper oriented CP.

So I guess the work around seems to be to duplicate an item on the old page, drag it up into the top part of that CP, and then drag it onto the new one.

If I could make a feature request, it would be that copy/dragged items would always paste into whatever the editable part of the other CP is (maybe in the middle or something).

Posted on
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 pm
DaveL17 offline

This is what I would do:

1. Get the first control page configured and save it.
2. From the Indigo UI, select the control page you just saved and then click Duplicate.
3. Arrange the controls on the duplicate page for the lower resolution (best guess placement is probably fine).
4. Reduce the size of the page last.

You can also just increase the background size to something large enough to put those "lost" controls into a place where you can get at them and the reduce the size again later.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:24 am
Professor Falken offline

good ideas, thanks.

Page 1 of 1