iPhone X template?

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:00 am
jalves offline

iPhone X template?

Its almost time for a new iPhone (2 actually) in our house. I'm contemplating getting the X, while the XYL is thinking of the 8+. Reading over the Control Page Wiki I see built-in templates for various model iPhones up to the 6+. I suspect the 6+ template will work just fine for the 8+. Wondering however, if one of these templates would work best on the X. Or will I need to customize the size?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: iPhone X template?

My Room-O-Matic templates were built for specific phone sizes because they have very high resolution graphics but it's one of those things that you may need to just try a few things to see. Worst case scenario you take the background image and skew it to match the size of your device. That being said, creating your own template isn't that difficult either - just a bit time consuming at first.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 am
Professor Falken offline

I think the easiest thing to do is to create a background image to match the specs of your target display. If you have access to Photoshop or a similar program, just create a new document, in your preferred background color with these specs (from the Apple website):

2436-by-1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi

In photoshop, you can even save a new custom document type, then you can always load that for any different CP's you make for that device.

I assume that you can still use a rectangular image even with the "notch" at the top on the X, but I do not have one on which to test this.

I frequently find, on phone pages, that I end up adding pixels downward as I enlarge CP's with more items to make a scrollable page. if you just save it and drag it into the correct folder in the Indigo tree, it will be there as a background for you to select as a CP grows.

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jalves wrote:
Its almost time for a new iPhone (2 actually) in our house. I'm contemplating getting the X, while the XYL is thinking of the 8+. Reading over the Control Page Wiki I see built-in templates for various model iPhones up to the 6+. I suspect the 6+ template will work just fine for the 8+. Wondering however, if one of these templates would work best on the X. Or will I need to customize the size?

We haven't updated Indigo Touch to use the full screen on the iPhone X yet (in fact we haven't released an update since it started shipping). We will do that at some point (no ETA) and when we do we'll then know how best to add a preset for it. The bottom line is that the iPhone 6 preset (which really is for all non-Plus models since the 6) is the one that will best work on your iPhone X right now.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm
jalves offline

Thanks Jay. That was my fall back if I couldn't determine what the dimensions were for the X.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1