Open/Closed images for control pages?

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm
ctgreybeard offline

Open/Closed images for control pages?

I've upgraded to Indigo 7 and am playing with the control pages. Now that I have a reflector I decided to look into them.

For the MyQ plugin I've got it set to use the "Light Garage Door Control 2x.png" for the image. It's displaying nicely. But as it's a single image I don't think I can use the two sides to Open or Close the door. So I thought I would overlay the single image with two transparent images and link them to the controls for Open (Unlock) and Close (Lock)

Before I dig into Gimp and make a set I wanted to check to see if 1. This is a viable idea, and 2. There isn't someone who has already done the work ...

If I end up making something up I'll post it here.

Bill W

--
Bill W

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:13 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Open/Closed images for control pages?

I've never done anything with my garage doors on a control page. Can't help.

I don't think this is the right forum for this question, but I'm not sure which would be. Matt? Jay?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 pm
ctgreybeard offline

I agree, this probably isn’t where it belongs except that if someone had done it then they would be here. I’ll go over to the Control Pages forum to continue and report back here if I get something useful.

The display of the door state is working well. Now to see of we can get control.

--
Bill W

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:41 pm
DaveL17 offline

ctgreybeard wrote:
Before I dig into Gimp and make a set I wanted to check to see if 1. This is a viable idea, and 2. There isn't someone who has already done the work ...

Completely feasible. I do this with sliders for dimmers. I have a transparent image that is 1/10th of my slider, I then overlay 10 of them and link each to a 10 percent increment of brightness.

Works like a charm.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1