[ANSWERED]: Persistant Authentication

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:03 am
Different Computers online

[ANSWERED]: Persistant Authentication

Can't find anything searching for the title, or that relates when I search "authentication."

Aside from turning off authentication, is there a method for persistent authentication for control pages? having to log in EVERY TIME, even on the same device just a few minutes later, is a buzz kill.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Persistant Authentication

Indigo uses HTTP Digest authentication, so it depends on how the browser supports it. Indigo Touch stores the credentials, so when using that you should only have to enter it once. We have on our request list to use a different authentication scheme (cookies), which will allow for more consistent persistence.

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: [ANSWERED]: Persistant Authentication

I'm having a lot of trouble with this, including iOS devices that for some reason get prompted for login twice before I get to the control page.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:20 pm
howartp offline

Are you using Indigo Touch?

Or just browsing to URL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Not Touch, much, but I think it happened with that too.

I log in to the straight URL successfully (or at least I don't get a notice) and it immediately asks me to log in again.

One of the devices doing it is an iPad I running iOS 5, so that might be part, though my brand new iPhone SE has done it too.

Page 1 of 1