Clear image cache in editor

Posted on
Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:15 pm
howartp offline

Clear image cache in editor

Hi,

Long story short, how do you force Indigo Control Editor to reload it's cache of images? You can force the iPad to reload by force-closing and re-opening, but the editor never refreshes.

I changed the colour of an image a fortnight ago, but despite restarting Indigo Server, it is still showing the wrong colour in the control page editor.

I'm just editing some more images now and again they're still showing the old version in the editor.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:42 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Clear image cache in editor

Hi Peter, the only way I've been able to refresh images I've edited is by rebooting the computer. And even then, if you adjust the size, it seems that Indigo still remembers the old size until you delete and replace.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Quitting the client then restarting it, assuming you're running on the same Mac, should be enough (just tested it). If your client is remote, then you'll need to quit both the client AND the server then restart them both.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:26 am
durosity offline

I guess yet another feature request would be a refresh button for all images, like we have for the backgrounds :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. What we really need is to automatically refresh the images when they change, which is on the feature request list.

Posted on
Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 am
howartp offline

matt (support) wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. What we really need is to automatically refresh the images when they change, which is on the feature request list.

Yey!

Posted on
Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am
ckeyes888 offline

+10 on that one!

Carl

Posted on
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:08 pm
peszko offline

Hs this been addressed? If I need to restart the server for this, I need to go around and restart indigo on my wall ipads.

Posted on
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It isn't automatic but inside Indigo Touch if you go to the Settings panel (gear icon) you can clear the cache via the Clear Image Cache button at the bottom. You'll still need to go to each iPad though.

Posted on
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:31 am
peszko offline

I guess its not that big of a problem. However, for me it seems its a bit more then just clearing image cache, which I can't do without killing indigo as its in no interface mode. If my server goes down (or sleeps. Another issue I need to resolve) the ipads loose connection. When I wake the server, the ipads look like they are back to normal but are not. After a server stoppage, the ipads stop updating their information. I then need to go to each take it out of guided access, kill Indigo Touch start them through the browser for no interface pages and re-enable guided access. Again, this doesn't happen often (and I hope to resolve the sleeping issues). I can live with that. This would be more of a problem in a very larger installation or remote installation.

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm
tailwheel offline

When editing a control page device state (v7.3), images added to the devices image folder don't appear in the drop-down list. The same happens with the variables folder.

The files are named:
PlainButton_smallX+.png
PlainButton_smallX+on.png

Tried everything I can think of:
Quit Indigo Client and relaunched
Quit Indigo Server and Client and relaunched
Restarted Computer

Without knowing exactly how the Indigo web server works, I tried to see if it would serve one of the new images.

First, try a working image:
Click Browser Previewfor the page being edited with working images.
After page loads, control-click a displayed image in Safari.
Select Open Image i new Window.
Image displays in a new Safari window.

Second, try a non-working image.
Edit the URL to point to one of the non-functional images in the devices folder.
Safari reports an error "undefined page requested"
Edit the URL to point to different, pre-existing image in the devices folder.
It loads properly.

It seems that a cached list of images is being used while editing and serving pages. That cache seems to be stuck.

Especially strange is that I've been adding images to the variables folder over the past few days and they properly appear in the Control Page editor list. The problem arose just today when I began adding images to the devices folder. Now, neither folder of images will display any new images.

BTW: I updated to Indigo v7.3 two days ago. Since the update, I've been primarily scripting. It could be that adding images was working properly with v7.2 and broke with v7.3.

Hmm...
I just tried launching v7.2, opening an old database. The troublesome images are readily accessible in the Control Page editor. So, it appears the problem is with 7.3.

Any ideas?

Best,
Greg

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Are you sure they're in the 7.3 folder? 7.2 and 7.3 are installed in different locations.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 pm
tailwheel offline

That's it! Thanks!

Best,
Greg

Page 1 of 1