[ANSWERED]rror (client) GetCachedFileBitmap() caught excep

Posted on
Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:24 pm
durosity offline

[ANSWERED]rror (client) GetCachedFileBitmap() caught excep

Evening all!

I’ve been working on some control pages, and i’ve been getting an odd error when using some images:

Error (client) GetCachedFileBitmap() caught exception: ImageError -- PNG image read error

When using the image in the control page editor it won’t display anything but the generic ? icon, but in Indigo Touch/Safari/Preview it displays perfectly. Sometimes saving it from within Preview will resolve it, sometimes restarting the indigo server will.. but often the only thing i can get to do to correct it is open it in Pixelmator and re-save it, but this results in a bigger file size (and with me currently being lumped with a painfully slow connection i’m trying to make things as efficient as possible.. annoyingly my local telco cabinet is the only one on my exchange that hasn’t been upgraded for FTTC..). It’s also kinda strange in that from a batch of different icons all from the same source some will cause it, some won’t. Any ideas?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Error (client) GetCachedFileBitmap() caught exception: I

I've never seen that before. Definitely looks like Indigo's PNG library is having a hard time reading the file. Can you email me a couple of examples that show this error?

Posted on
Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:06 pm
durosity offline

Le done. I could only find one that causes the issue, and i’ve also sent a copy of the revised version that does work in the control page editor. In this particular case pixelmatr has actually made the file slightly smaller, but usually it’s a fair few k more in size. If i can find any other examples i’ll send them along. Also i’m not sure where this original file came from, i think it was from a cache i found on tinterwebs many months ago but i’m not 100% sure of the source.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think the file you sent me is corrupt. I realize some apps can open it (Preview, Pixelmator), but I'm seeing others that claim it to be corrupt (Indigo, Adobe Fireworks). So it sounds like it is marginal and something is wrong with it, but some apps are more robust about ignoring the problem.

Posted on
Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:32 pm
durosity offline

Fair enough, to be fair most images need tweaking anyway as i’m going along so it’s not a major hardship to fix them at the same time.. just so long as i know it’s not me doing something stupid! Thanks for looking.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1