[ANSWERED]Animated png

Posted on
Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:24 am
haavarda offline

[ANSWERED]Animated png

Hi,
Is it possible to have an animation in a control page? I have a fan symbol with multiple png's. I was hoping to make a moving fan with a apng image. Can this be done on a control page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:15 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Animated png

Not currently but we'll add it to the request list.

We'll first want to in investigate whether apngs, which are not a standard, are the right way to go. I don't know if the majority of browsers support them yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:42 pm
haavarda offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Animated png

Thank you for your feedback. I started to look a solutions based on png since this is supported by indigo. I found out the same as you, that apng seams to be new and not yet supported by all browsers. I tried with a gif animation as we'll but this did not work either. So I am back to "static" icons. I have plenty of other things to improve on my control page design, so no problem :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:36 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Animated png

Not sure if this fits your bill, but you can have moving images on control pages. Take for example this image:
http://www.hansenwholesale.com/images/e ... 00x187.gif

You could put it in a Refreshing Image URL control and it will show up as animated -- in Firefox anyway. Indigo touch doesn't yet show the animations. Personally, I do this via a Dropbox public folder URL when I'm not displaying things that require data from the source (i.e., a weather map for instance) so that I don't have to rely on the host site to serve the image. What this won't do is change the image based on the state of the fan.

However, I don't believe that you can get the animation to work if you serve the file from a local directory like so:
file:///Users/DaveL17/Desktop/animated_fan_500x187.gif

Indigo can see the image when editing the control page, but it won't display via Firefox. This is curious as the Sonos plugin will display images this way (perhaps that's a JPG vs. animated GIF thing.)

Good luck,
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1