Multi-Colored Image associated with a Variable

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm
Charles offline

Multi-Colored Image associated with a Variable

Hi

I recall there being a way to associate an image with a variable state and then display that image on the control page in its associated "colored" state.

I would like to display the color of box (say blue, green, red) on the control page dependent on the condition of a variable.
For example, if a given variable House Temp is set to "On", I would display a red box. If House Temp is set to Off, a blue box would be shown.

I just can't seem to locate information on this topic on the wiki pages....unless that capability is not available any longer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:38 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Multi-Colored Image associated with a Variable

I would like to display the color of box (say blue, green, red) on the control page dependent on the condition of a variable.
For example, if a given variable House Temp is set to "On", I would display a red box. If House Temp is set to Off, a blue box would be shown.

This Wiki page describes how to do it:
https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=cp_custom_images

Long story short, you will create images:
MyVariableImage+.png
MyVariableImage+on.png
MyVariableImage+off.png

And in the control page select the MyVariableImage+.png to display as the variable value. That Wiki page will go into more detail, but once you do it once you should have it as the basics are pretty easy after you see it in action.

Adam

Page 1 of 1