[ANSWERED]Action Group still triggered despite variables

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:50 pm
makedrinklas offline

[ANSWERED]Action Group still triggered despite variables

Hi, I have a motion sensor trigger set to override a dusk schedule. If someone walks on the front porch, even though a text message alert connected to a camera motion sensor through Security Spy plugin is temporarily scheduled to OFF at dusk, the action group is to be triggered regardless as an over-ride if a hard motion sensor is triggered. (Dusk was wreaking havoc as shadows are throwing off the camera motion sensor.) There are some caveats though, if the PorchCamOffDusk variable is false (camera motion sensing off during that schedule) and I have AllAlerts OFF, the action is still being triggered. See the snapshot, but despite the condition being....

"All" "of the following rules are true"
"If variable" PorchCamOffDusk "is true"
"If variable" AllAlerts "contains" "value" "ON"

... the action is still being triggered although neither of the variables are logically "True". Why is the condition for "All of the following variables are true" not doing what I expect and triggering the Action Group anyway? Could it be because I'm not using true and false on AllAlerts? In this case OFF and ON are more intuitive to see what's happening on my phone at a glance when texts start coming in. AllAlerts is currently set to contain the value ON.

This is pretty much a brand new setup (last August/September). I must be missing something basic in the use of variables, although the interface seems pretty intuitive.

Indigo 6.1.4 running on a MacPro 1,1 w20GB ram and 10.9.5

Mike
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 3.48.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 3.48.05 PM.png (102.92 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:07 pm
howartp offline

Re: Action Group still triggered despite variables values

Are you testing the trigger using the 'Execute now' button - if so, that's your problem as it ignores all conditions when you press the button.

The only way to test the trigger is to go outside at dusk and walk in front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:57 pm
makedrinklas offline

Well how about that then. Wish there was a test button!

THANKS!

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:24 am
howartp offline

You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last to get caught by this. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1