Actions not respecting Delay

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:05 am
MontyPySpock offline

Actions not respecting Delay

I've had my Indigo configuration running for years successfully, but suddenly one particular Action Group has started to not respect its Delay actions for some reason. I did update to 2023.1.1 recently, but not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have a Schedule that runs at 7:30am that executes Action Group 1 that does three things:
  1. executes Action Group 2 with a delay of 30 minutes that turns off a bunch of devices
  2. turns off a single device with a delay of 30 minutes
  3. runs an embedded Python script that tells the thermostat to set back the temperature depending on the season (with no delay)

What's happening is that all the actions in Action Group 2 are happening at 7:30am, as if there was no delay set. The problem shows right there in the log: the Schedule fires, Action Group 1 executes, and Action Group 2 executes immediately, with no delay, turning Off all the devices.

The only thing that I changed recently was adding the embedded Python script, as I could no longer use the if/then plugin that I had previously been using in the new Indigo, but it should have nothing to do with the preceding actions.

The other weird thing is that in the log, it shows that a totally different Schedule, one that fires at 6:15am, running at the same time, but with "(delayed action)" after it. But that Schedule has no delay on it, and it turns devices On, not Off.

I've looked at this a few times and I'm stumped, so I wondered if anyone else has seen this behavior.

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Actions not respecting Delay

Nothing has changed in the delay code in many years. I would recommend that you add explicit Write to Log actions to each of your action groups so you can track their execution. Also, add a log statement to your python script as well.

The other weird thing is that in the log, it shows that a totally different Schedule, one that fires at 6:15am, running at the same time, but with "(delayed action)" after it. But that Schedule has no delay on it, and it turns devices On, not Off.

Are you sure your Mac's time is set correctly?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1