Locate all actions that include "speak" directives ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:45 pm
SearchCz offline

Locate all actions that include "speak" directives ?

Recently, while in the process of adding a bunch of automation actions to my home configuration, I noticed what I can only describe as "typos" in the [Speak:] space. I tidied those up as best I could, but now from time to time I hear things in my home that I suspect is my Indigo server trying to speak some leftover errant random text that I missed.

Might there be a way to identify all the actions that have [Speak] text specified, so I can find the troublemakers? Failing that, is there a way to list triggers and action groups in chronological order so I can deal with the newest ones first?

Posted on
Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Locate all actions that include "speak" directives ?

You can open your Indigo Database file into a raw text editor (it is XML), like BBEdit, and search on SpeakText to find all the instances of speech associated with actions.

Before doing so, shutdown the Indigo Server (otherwise it will overwrite your changes if you make any), and make a backup copy of your database in case something goes wrong.

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:24 am
SearchCz offline

Re: Locate all actions that include "speak" directives ?

matt (support) wrote:
You can open your Indigo Database file into a raw text editor (it is XML), like BBEdit, and search on SpeakText to find all the instances of speech associated with actions.

Before doing so, shutdown the Indigo Server (otherwise it will overwrite your changes if you make any), and make a backup copy of your database in case something goes wrong.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Page 1 of 1