Displaying a delay on Control Page

Posted on
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:19 pm
wi_pedaler offline

Displaying a delay on Control Page

Hello,

I have created an action group that turns off a device after a delay of 30 minutes.
For convenience, I have put that action group on a control page so I can trigger it off with the expectation that the device will indeed turn off after the prescribed delay. In the absence of AppleScript, I installed the iMessage plugin to send a text after the main action is done.

One main question, and an auxiliary that would extend the functionality.

1. User Story:
As a User, when there is a delay requested for an action, I would like the Indigo Control Page to display a countdown of the Delay for an action, so that I know how much time before the action is executed.
I do not know where the delay is managed for an action group. Is it possible to identify that delay, and add something to the control page that displays the value of the delay? A real-time second-by-second countdown clock is not needed; 5 minute chunks sufficient for time >10-15 min, and 1 minute accuracy sufficient for time <10 min

2. Extended function - definitely a "neat" and not a "need"
Can the Control Page include a variable interface that allows choosing the delay? Current option is to make separate action group items, each with a different delay.

Thank you!
- Nat Z ~ wi_pedaler

Posted on
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 pm
Doctor Q offline

Re: Displaying a delay on Control Page

+1 on this. I sometimes follow the count up in the log on Indigo Touch for this. Seems possible.

Posted on
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You cannot currently do either, but I'll definitely add them to the Feature Request list. Adding a way to show the action delay amount left (for a specific device) on a Control Page is a really good idea.

Posted on
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There is a workaround, but it requires more moving parts: rather than using the built-in delay, start a timer. You can then show the timer value on the control page and create a trigger that fires your actions when the timer expires.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1