Cycle through actions/commands

Posted on
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:20 pm
vitaprimo offline

Cycle through actions/commands

I'm trying to create a cycling action toggle in Indigo to set AC temperature but I don't know how to do it.

The AC units are ductless (or split type) and therefore they are IR-controlled as it's extremely rare to find them with wired controls or with non-propietary protocols, so, I'm using the Harmony Hub plugin. I had to create virtual devices for every single command, and on top of that program every single command to the Hub itself, it's a pain but it's halfway done (3 out of 6 units). Action group folders are good to keep my sanity.

hvacCycle.png
hvacCycle.png (28.25 KiB) Viewed 1406 times

Anyway, I have created UIs and place them around the place to make it easier but nothing beats a button; I know about toggle groups on KeypadLincs but they only have so many buttons. Even with single-, long- and double-presses I couldn't possibly fit so many command in a 8-button KeypadLinc. I tried the Fan Group plugin but it seems to require actual fan devices to work. Is it possible to create a single-button cycling action group?

Thanks !

I'll bet you think this post is about you. Don't you. ♪

Posted on
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Cycle through actions/commands

Can you describe more specifically/exactly what you want to happen? I'm not really following given your discussion above.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1