iTunes playback

Posted on
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:37 pm
rgspb offline

iTunes playback

I’m trying to figure out how to set up this scenario. I want iTunes to play a particular song through my HomePod and to repeat that song. I’ve been able to connect Indigo to iTunes but not sure where to go from there. Do I need to use Airfoil plugin? I guess I was thinking this is what the built in iTunes plugin was for.

Posted on
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:42 am
jltnol offline

Re: iTunes playback

Hey there

I don't have a HomePod, so won't be able to help you all the way with this, but you should also download the iTunesLocal Control plugin as well, as it has many more options than just the built in plugin does.

You'll need to set up a playlist with the song you want repeated, and from there, you can create an Action Group using the iTunes Local Plugin to play a particular playlist, and have it repeat forever..

Additionally, you can use this plugin to have iTunes select and de-select other AirPlay devices, and I'm assuming HomePod should be one of them.

Take a look at the iTunes Local Plugin, as I think it will help...

Posted on
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:32 pm
rgspb offline

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Posted on
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am
rgspb offline

That did it! That is an amazing plugin!! I'm not really sure the built in plugin is very useful at all, at least no one here seems to think so. I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do with the iTunes Local Control plugin.

Thanks again!

Posted on
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

rgspb wrote:
I'm not really sure the built in plugin is very useful at all, at least no one here seems to think so. I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do with the iTunes Local Control plugin.

It depends on what you want to do, and whether the instance of iTunes that you're running is on the local Mac or not. The plugin doesn't support playlists, but for typical control (play/pause/fwd/reverse/volume) it's been pretty solid for many years.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1