[ANSWERED]Action Group Execution & Control Pages

Posted on
Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:06 pm
ticotice offline

[ANSWERED]Action Group Execution & Control Pages

I have several Action Groups and I want to use their execution as a way to change the state of icons on my control pages. For example: I created an Action Group that disables my motion sensors when it gets too windy (the trees moving set off my sensors). I want to change the state of an icon (green to red) when that Action Group is executed. I also want to use another Action Group that enables the sensors to reverse the same icon's color (red to green). How do I go about doing that?

Thanks for any help!

Posted on
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:04 am
autolog offline

Re: Action Group Execution & Control Pages

ticotice wrote:
.... How do I go about doing that?

I would set-up a variable "motion sensors enabled" with allowable values True or False. Then in your action group to disable the motion sensors, add an action to set the variable to False and in your action group to enable the motion sensors, add an action to set the variable to True. You can then add a new icon into your control page with the 'Display:' field set to 'Variable Value', select your new variable and then specify an image using the + format - see Custom Images on Control Pages for how to do this in detail.

Specifically you need to set up three images in the folder '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/images/controls/variables' - with names along the lines of motion_enabled_icon+.png, motion_enabled_icon+true.png and motion_enabled_icon+false.png

Hope this helps :)

Posted on
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:42 am
ticotice offline

Autolog,

Thanks! That's the kind of advice I was looking for! I assumed I'd need to set up new variables but didn't want to "white cane" my way through it. I'll give your idea a try later today, but I suspect it will work fine.

Thanks again for the quick and well thought-out reply. :lol:

Posted on
Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 am
ticotice offline

autolog,

That works perfectly! Thanks for the help. Even after owning Indigo for 9+ years, I still am just scratching the surface of its capabilities. :lol:

Page 1 of 1