Conditions weirdness after upgrade to 7.4

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:18 am
PeteVis offline

Conditions weirdness after upgrade to 7.4

I have been seeing weird behaviour from a couple of my triggers after upgrading to 7.4

After some investigating, it turned out that the condition for these triggers was set to "If conditions match rules : Any..." while they need to be set to "If conditions match rules : All..."

Since I only upgraded the Indigo software, and did not touch anything in my database, I was wondering if something had changed between previous versions ?
I came from 7.2... if that matters.

To be certain, I opened the database from 7.2 and from 7.4 in a code editor and compared the corresponding trigger in a split screen.
The only thing that seems different is the following line :
<ObjVers type="integer">5</ObjVers> (for version 7.2)
<ObjVers type="integer">6</ObjVers> (for version 7.4)

I couldn't find any xml tag for 'any' or 'all' inside the library, so I'm wondering if the above is referring to the any-or-all for the condition ?

Additionally, how or why would this change when just doing an upgrade of Indigo ?
Does this mean that now all my conditions could have changed, resulting in wonky behaviour ?

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Conditions weirdness after upgrade to 7.4

Nothing intentional changed in conditional Any/All logic from 7.2 to 7.4.

Inside the XML that flag is set inside the ConditionList element with the node name Logic. A value of 0 = Any, and 1 = All. How do both your 7.2 and 7.4 databases have that defined?

The change to conditionals in 7.4 should only be for embedded AppleScript conditionals. Those will always evaluate as False until the user edits them (to a python equivalent)

Posted on
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I also tried to reproduce this problem by creating in v7.2 a database with the 4 different flavor conditionals (Always, Any w/ list, All w/list, and Script) and they all appeared to translate correctly into 7.4.

Let me know if you have more details as to what occurred.

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:17 am
PeteVis offline

Hi Matt, I think you are correct and that I panicked a little too soon.

However, I'm currently seeing a problem where I have driveway lights come on when the gate opens, they should turn off when a timer expires, and only when dark.
This has worked for years, and after the upgrade to 7.4, the lights go on even during daylight, and never go out.
I have no applescript in my library.

I have to dig a little deeper and see why this suddenly happens.
It's a complicated chain of triggers, virtual devices, timers and action groups, and my head is spinning.. no doubt this is user error.

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:52 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

There might be a subtle difference in when specifically Indigo 7.4 evaluates conditionals compared to previous versions. That is, it is a bit further in the chain of events than it used to be – directly before the action is going to be executed. That might explain the difference you are seeing, but I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 1